Ann Warner, PHD,RN,CNE
- McNeese State University
College of Nursing
Lake Charles, LA 70609-0415
- McNeese State University
- Ph.D. Texas Woman's University
- M.S. University of Maryland
- B.S.N. University of Mississippi
- Sloan-C Certificate in Online Teaching, 2014
- JBI Certified systematic Reviewer Training, 2017
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana and Texas
- CNE, Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Alumnus CCRN, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Professor, McNeese State University
- Co-Coordinator Graduate Nursing Program
Honors & Awards
- Louisiana Nurses Foundation Nightingale Award, Volunteer Award
- Distinguished Faculty Award Nominee, College of Nursing, MSU
- Outstanding Distance Learning Course, Mid-South Distance Learning Conference
- Pinnacle Excellence Award, 2015, MSU
- Louisiana Council of Administrators of Nursing Education
- (LaCANE): Vice Chair/Nursing Supply & Demand Council
- Representative/Bylaws Chr.
- Louisiana State Nurses Association: CE Reviewer
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International: Kappa Psi Chapter Scholarship Chair
- Southern Research Nursing SocietyThe Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Areas of Research Interest
- Nursing Student Academic Success
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Warner, A., Barrow, J., Berken, J., Williams, A. Davis, A., Hurst, H. & Riddle, K. (2016). The relationship among BSN students’ employment characteristics and semester grades: A multi-site study. Poster presented at Southern Nursing Research Society meeting, Dallas, TX.
- Alexander, Y. & Warner, A. (2016) Do you see what I see? Radiology for advanced practice
registered nurses. Podium presentation at Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners
New Orleans, LA.
- Deeb, N. & Warner, A. (2016). Assessment of sexually transmitted disease knowledge in college students. Poster presented at Leading Change: Advancing Evidence-Based Practice through Nursing Scholarship, University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Elder, J. & Warner, A. (2016). Unveiling the rationales for undiagnosed COPD. Poster presented at Leading Change: Advancing Evidence-Based Practice through Nursing Scholarship, University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Warner, A., Barrow, J., Berken, J., Williams, A. Davis, A., Hurst, H. & Riddle, K.
(2016). The relationship among BSN students’ employment characteristics and semester
grades: A multi-site study. Podium presentation at Leading Change: Advancing Evidence-Based
Practice through Nursing Scholarship, University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Lucretia M. Tupper Nursing Professorship. Faculty and Student Support for Research Dissemination, 2013.
- Olive Tupper Endowed Nursing Professorship. Increasing Faculty Online Teaching Skill via Certification, 2012.
- Board of Regents Enhancement Grant, Implementation of a Flexible RN-BSN Articulation Model
- Κψ Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Undergraduate Nursing Research Day Support
- Charles & Emily Stokes Professorship in Nursing, #1, Developing an Undergraduate Nursing Research Day
- The Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association, Inc., Dual Enrollment as a Strategy to Recruit and Retain Nursing Students (with R. Riley)