Charlene B. Smith, PhD, RN
- Nicholls State University
- College of Nursing and Allied Health
- P.O. Box 2143
- Thibodaux, Louisiana 70310
- PHONE:(985) 448-4755
- EMAIL: Charlene.email@example.com
- Ph.D. Southern University and A&M College
- M.S.N. Louisiana State University Medical Center
- B.S.N. Dillard University
Post graduate/Specialty Training
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program – University of South Alabama
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing – Registered Nurse
- Assistant Professor, Nicholls State University
- Director of Continuing Nursing Education and Faculty Development, Nicholls State University
- National League for Nurses
- Dillard University Professional Organization of Nurses
- National Black Nurses Association
- Bayou Region Black Nurses Association
Areas of Research Interest
- Breast Health
- Breast Cancer
- Minority Nursing Students
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Aurelin, L., Braxter, B., Bralock, A., Kilgore, C., Nash-Teachey, B., Smith, C. B. (2016). Shackling of incarcerated African American Women: Establishing a position. National Black Nurses Association NBNA News, Summer, 26-29.
- Lewis, T. P., Smith, C. B., Williams-Jones, P. (2012). Tips to reduce dangerous interruptions by healthcare staff. Nursing, 42(11):65-67.
- Smith, C. B., Williams-Jones, P., Lewis-Trabeaux, S., Mitchell, D. (2012). Facilitators and barriers to success among ethnic minority students enrolled in a predominately white baccalaureate nursing program. The Journal of Black Nurses Association, 23 (1), 41-51.
- Lewis, T. P., Smith, C. B., Williams-Jones, P. (2012). The silent killer among African
American children. The NBNA News, Spring, 30-31.
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Facilitators and Barriers to Success among Ethnic Minority Students Enrolled in a Predominately White Baccalaureate Nursing Program - Nicholls State University Research Day,
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a Culturally Sensitive Breast Cancer Educational Program in Increasing Breast Cancer Knowledge and Screening Practices In African American Women -Nicholls State University - Xi Zeta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau International