Denise Maria Linton, DNS, FNP-BC
- Assistant Professor
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette, College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- P.O. Box 43810
- Lafayette, LA 70504
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.N.S. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- M.S.N. Columbia University, New York, NY
- B.S.N. Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn, NY
Licensure and Board Certifications
- RN in Louisiana(Active) and New York (Inactive)
- NP in Louisiana (Active) and New York (Inactive)
- FNP-BC (ANCC)
- Assistant Professor, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Honors & Awards
- National Black Nurses Association Nurse Educator of the Year
- Baton Rouge District Nurses Association Celebrate
- Distinguished Faculty Award, ULL Black Faculty and Staff Caucus – Lafayette, LA
- Dudley Joseph Plaisance, Sr./BORF professorship in Nursing
- The Outstanding Doctoral Student Award, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-New Orleans
- Nursing Caring Award- Graduate Student, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-New Orleans
- Inclusion in Who’s Who among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- Inclusion in United Who’s Who Registry of Executives & Professionals
- American College of Nurse Practitioners
- LSU Alumni Association
- Phi beta Delta Honor Society
- Southern Nursing Research Society
- American Nurses Association/Louisiana State Nurses Association
- Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau: Alpha Zeta
- Medgar Evers College Alumni Association
- Columbia University School of Nursing Alumni Association
Areas of Research Interest
- Cervical cancer prevention
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Linton, D. M. (2011). Diagnosing GERD in older children. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 7(4), 328 – 329. Doi:10.1016/j.nupra.2011.01.007
- Sudduth, A. & Linton, D. (2011). Gynecologic Care of Women with Disabilities: Implications for Nurses. Nursing for women’s Health, 15(2), 138-148. Doi: 10.1111/j.1751-486X.2011.01622.x
- Linton, D. (2010). Pap smear intention among rural Southeast Louisiana women. Doctoral Dissertation, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing, NewOrleans, Louisiana
- Linton, D.M. (2010). Early Detection of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Women. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 6(6), 475-476
- Linton, D. (2009). Evidence based practice: Cervical cancer screening interval. Clinical. Journal of Oncology Nursing. 13(2), 235-237.
- Linton, D. (2009). Obtaining a Pap smear in the elderly client. The Journal for Nurse. Practitioners, 5(3), 220-221.
- Linton, D (2007, May). Nurses can impact preventative health. The Student Voice, 4(2).
- Oral presentation - Panelist at “New directions for Louisiana cancer control” sponsored by the Louisiana Cancer Control Program, Region 4 at Lafayette, Louisiana in April 2011
- Oral presentation - Collaborating with an organization in women’s health at Delta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau Accent on Scholarship, Lafayette, La (12/2010)
- Oral presentation - Increasing Pap smear utilization rates among Southeast Louisiana women at Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners (LANP) 16th Annual Primary Care Conference, Shreveport, La (10/9/2010)
- Poster presentation - National Cervical Cancer Coalition: Louisiana Chapter at UL Lafayette 4th Annual Women’s Conference 3/2011, Lafayette, Louisiana
- Poster presentation - Promoting Pap smear utilization at the American College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) 2010 national clinical conference, Tampa, Florida (10/10).
- Oral Presentation: Predicting Intention to Obtain a Pap Smear among Women in Two Rural Southeast Louisiana Parishes. Lafayette, La.
- Oral Presentation: Validity Testing of the Pap Smear Intention Questionnaire. Lafayette, La.
- Oral Presentation: Pap Smear Intention Among Rural Southeast Louisiana Women. Fourth Annual Accent on Scholarship: A Tribute to Helen Sloan. University of Louisiana at Lafayette, C0-sponsired by the Delta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau
- Oral Presentation: Determinants of Cervical Cancer Screening Among Rural Southeast Louisiana Women. Dr. Connie Logan Research Day, Southeastern Louisiana University – Baton Rouge.
- Poster Presentation: Pap Smear Intention Among Rural Southeast Louisiana Women. LSUHSC School of Nursing and Ochsner Clinic Foundation Nursing Research Committee. Fall Nursing Scholarship and Research Forum Scholar’s Day, LSUHSC-New Orleans.
- Poster Presentation: Determinants of cervical cancer screening among rural Southeast
Louisiana women. Scholar’s Day, LSUHSC-New Orleans
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Research Grant Award from Delta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International - Referents, Salient Control Beliefs Related to Pap Smear Intention
- UL at Lafayette Step Grant award – Using DVD technology to promote clinical knowledge,
skills, and attitudes among nursing students.
- Abstract reviewer Southern Nursing Research Society
- Abstract reviewer for Sigma Theta Tau International
- Reviewer Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing
- Provider Approval reviewer for continuing education LSNA