Gwen Leigh DNP, RN, CNE
- Assistant Professor
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- PO Box 43810
- Lafayette, LA 70504
- PHONE: 337-482-5635
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- D.N.P. Case Western Reserve University
- M.S.N. University of Texas at Arlington
- B.S. University of Southwestern Louisiana
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Louisiana licensure as Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Educator certified by the National League of Nursing.
- Certified in Advance Cardiac Life Support
- Assistant Professor, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Honors & Awards
- Selected as one of Acadiana’s Top 25 Nurses by the Lafayette
- District of the Louisiana Nurses Association’s Acadiana
- Celebrates Nursing 2006.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Member of Southern Nursing Research Society
- Member of International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Member of American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Member of Society of Simulation in Healthcare
Areas of Research Interest
- Simulation and Nursing Education
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Leigh, G. and Sudduth, A. (2011). “Vaccinations: Not Just for the Young” Nursing for Woman’s Health. 15(6), 529-534.
- Leigh, G. (2011).”The Simulation Revolution: What are the implications for Nurses in Staff Development” Journal for Nurses in Staff Development. 27(2), 54-57.
- Heinrich, K.T., Hurst, H., Leigh, G., Oberleitner, M., & Poirrier, G. (2009). “The Teacher-Scholar Project: How to Help Faculty Groups Develop Scholarly Skills Nursing Education Perspectives”. 30(3), 181-6.
- HPSN World 2013; San Francisco, CA June 30- July 2, 2013. Bringing Simulation to Life (Podium Presentation).
- Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2010 Conference, Shreveport, LA October 8-10, 2010, The Use of High-Fidelity Patient Simulation for Clinical Development. (Podium Presentation).
- 9th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource
- Centers Conference, Las Vegas, NV. June 16-19, 2010, Examining the Relationship between Participating in High-Fidelity Patient Simulation and the Levels of Self-Efficacy, (Podium Presentation).
- Xi Psi Chapter-at-Large of Sigma Theta Tau, Theory in Evidence-Based Practice, Dillard
University, New Orleans, LA April 9, 2009, High Fidelity Patient Simulation in Nursing
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Board of Regents Enhancement Grant-Developing a Multimedia Simulation to Enhance eLearning for Graduate Nursing Students. 2010-2012.
- CDC/NIOSH U50 OH07541 Levin, J (PI)NIOSH/Southwest Center for Agricultural Health, Injury Prevention and Education Innovative Approaches to Worker Health Protection among Shrimp Fishermen of the Gulf Coast. 2006-2011.
- Faculty Development Grant First Aid for Preteens: Impact on preparedness and Injury prevention. 2007-2008.
- ULS Serves Learn and Serve America – funding: Bridging Telehealth Competencies and Enhancing Health Recovery: Soothing the Aches in Rural Health Disparities.
- Faculty Development Grant First Aid for Preteens: Impact on preparedness and Injury prevention.
- Learning Online: Accelerated Training for Success in the Graduate Nursing Program
– CITI grant.
- Reviewer for peer-review journal "Clinical Simulation in Nursing"
- Reviewer for peer-review journal "International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship"
- Selected as an external reviewer for the National League of Nurses’ Simulation Innovation Resource Center e-learning courses