Kristin Whitty, PhD, ANP-BC, FNP-C
- Assistant Professor
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
- Hammond LA 70402
- PHONE: (985)-549-5543
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post-Master's FNP, University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Post-Master’s ANP, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Ph.D. Louisiana State University
- M.S.N. Southeastern Louisiana University
- B.S.N. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Post Master's FNP from University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Post-Master's ANP from Southeastern Louisiana University
- Authorized SAAT (Standardized Awareness Trainer for National WMD) Homeland Security
- Post –Masters Adult Nurse Practitioner Track at Southeastern Louisiana University
- Post-Masters Family Nurse Practitioner Track at University of Massachusetts- Boston
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Registered Nurse and APRN in Louisiana
- Registered Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Louisiana: Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Louisiana: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified by AANC
- Board Certified by AANP
- Authorized SAAT Homeland Security
- Assistant Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Honors & Awards
- 2015 SELU President’s Award : Faculty Excellence in Service
- 2015 SELU College of Nursing and HS: Excellence in Service
- Sarah K. Thornhill Endowed Professorship in Nursing
- Southeastern Louisiana University National Honor Society
- Rho Zeta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- AANP, LANP, Board member of ARC, Board member of LERN
- President of Rho Zeta Chapter of STTI
- National League of Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Louisiana Chapter American Nurses Association Baton Rouge District Nurses Association
- Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Board member Rho Zeta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau
- Board member American Red CrossBoard member Louisiana Emergency Response Network-
appointed by Governor Jindal
Areas of Research Interest
- Predicting success of entry level nursing.
- Disaster management training for nurses
Selected Publications & Presentations
Tillman, K., Lee, O., & Whitty, K. (2012). Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: An Often Asymptomatic and Fatal Men’s Health Issue. American Journal of Men’s Health. DOI: 10.1177/1557988312464195
Whitty, K. & Burnett, M. (2012). How Prepared are you for a mass casualty event? American Nurse Today. in press
- Whitty, K., Cormier, C., & Tillman, K. (2011). BSN Students’ Perceptions of Service Learning. Academic Exchange Quarterly (15) 3 p37-41.
- Whitty, K. & Burnett, M. (2009). The Importance of Instruction on Mass Casualty Incidents in Baccalaureate Nursing Programs: Perception of Nursing Faculty. Journal of Nursing Education (48) 5 p291-295.
Recommendations for Treatment of Exposure to Chemical and Biological Agents: APRN Lagniappe: Exploring Updates in Pharmacology (SELU/ ANCC) 2012.
LERN: La Trauma, STEMI, and Stroke Systems of Care 2014
Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners State Nursing Conference
-LERN: What is it and what does the RN need to know? Woman’s Hospital. 2014
Whitty, K. Travel Health: Beyond the suitcase. Will present at Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners State Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.2018
- Whitty, K. (2007). Factors influencing the importance of incorporating competencies regarding mass casualty incidents into baccalaureate-degree nursing programs as perceived by currently employed faculty. Dissertation Abstracts International, 67 (12), p173.
- Baccalaureate Nursing Students’ Perceptions of a Community Health Service Learning Experience Connie Logan Research Day, SELU Hammond. 2011.
- Disaster Preparedness Update for Louisiana. Southeast Louisiana Area Health Education Center and Southeastern Louisiana University School of Nursing. Approved for 3.25 contact hours by the Louisiana State Nurses Association. 2010.
- National Convention for Emergency Nurses Association 2010 Annual Conference: Nursing Disaster Management: Online Course Development. 2010.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction. Southeastern Louisiana University. Approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. 2008.
- Nursing Disaster Management: Online Course Development. September 23, 2010, Emergency Nurses Association National Convention, San Antonio. 2010
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) Compliance As Required by Homeland Security Presidential Directive for Hospitals and Nurses. Sigma Theta Tau Rho Zeta Chapter. Approved for I contact hour by the Louisiana State Nurses Association. 2007.
- Dissertation research oral presentation “Factors Influencing the Importance of Incorporating Competencies Responding to Mass Casualty Incidents into Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Programs as Perceived by Currently Employed Faculty” at the Connie Logan Research Day at the BR Marriott Conference Center. 2007.
- Preparing Nurses for Disaster Management. Southeast Louisiana Area Health Education Center and Southeastern Louisiana University
School of Nursing. 2007.
- Reviewer for Journal Nurse Education Today